a BRAND IS NOT…
- A Trade Mark (These are legal properties.)
- A Mision Statement (This is a reminder.)
- A Logo or Slogan (These are your signatures.)
- A Product or Service (These are just the tangibles.)
- Advertising (They deliver your messages.)
a BRAND IS…
- point of view – Branding is a strategic point of view, not a select set of marketing activities.
- customer value – Branding is central to creating customer – value, not just sound bites and images.
- competitive advantage – Branding is a key tool for creating and sustaining competitive advantages.
- enginered – Brand strategies must be “engineered” into the strategic planning process.
- alive – Brands get their identity from meanings. Products and services are the blood of a brand. Your organizational culture and standards for action are the heartbeat.
- logic and emotion – Branding is part science and part art.